Soup is a great way to get in a lot of healthy nutrition and is also easy to digest! It’s also a great option for a Sunday meal prep! I love THIS SOUP because it tastes delicious and is full of skin loving ingredients that will give you a glow! It’s warming to the body and wonderful paired with roasted vegetables or a salad! If weight loss or glowing skin is a goal, I definitely recommend adding this veggie-based soup to your diet! Soup contains all the fiber and nutrients your body needs to thrive and is still a low-calorie option so you can continue to eat healthy and feel great!
Roasted Kabocha Squash Recipe
1 medium kabocha squash, cut in half with seeds removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 large onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 tablespoons chopped ginger
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon garam masala
3 cups vegetable stock
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Season kabocha halves generously with salt and pepper, drizzle each with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and place flesh-side down on a parchment-paper-lined or foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until browned and tender, about 35 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add sliced onion and a pinch of salt, stir, then turn down the heat to medium-low. Cover the pot and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are very soft and sweet.
3. Add the garlic, ginger, and ground spices, turn the heat back up to medium-high, and sauté for 1 minute. When the spices are fragrant but not burned, add stock and another big pinch of salt. Partially cover the soup and let it simmer gently until the squash is ready.
4. When the squash is cooked, let it cool slightly, then scrape out the flesh of one half and add it to saucepan. You should have about 2 cups cooked squash. Bring the soup up to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, partially cover, and slowly cook for 10 minutes.
5. Blend, taste for seasoning, and enjoy!